Tuesday, January 1, 2013

#2013

Happy New Year Lovelies!
When I was a little girl, I used to be really sad every New Year's Eve. Everybody seemed very glad to kick out the old year, to salute the new one; note that I have always pictured the previous year as an old man, maybe because of a traditional greek Christmas song, my therapist hasn't decided yet. Having grown up, not much has changed. I make new friends, and I feel bad about my old ones. I go to a new place, and I feel bad when facing the owners of the old place I used to go. I buy a bag and I carry the old one, cause I don't wan't it to feel neglected and so on. But as the years go by and I get older and -keeping my fingers crossed- wiser, one thing is making me feel secure and mature. The realization that I was never perfect and that I never gonna be. Neither do I want to.

Just because my lack of perfection, I never write down any New Year Resolutions. I am a Gemini with an Aquarius rising after all, my sense of self-control is broken. 2012 has been one of the worst years of my life (similar to 2009 I guess), but it has taught me the hell out of a lesson; flaws have to be embraced, not seeking to be vanished. I will always eat more than I need to, I am always the one who gets really attached to the ones I love, I will always say that "I'll never do that again" but will eventually do it, I am the one that will love like hell people who were proven to be unworthy, I will always make wrong choices and get grumpy about it, I will pretend to be strong whereas I am really weak, I will always have huge fights with my mum and never say  that I'm sorry, I'll always feel guilty for neglecting people I adore, I will always be grumpy/crazy/bipolar with boyfriends, I'll be the one who says "I don't wanna talk to you" and call you back to ask why you didn't call. Fuck it guys, perfection is boring. Be silly, be moody, be crazy, be kind, try to get what you want, have the guts to pursue your dreams, make people around you happy just because you exist, make the world a better place.

I don't know whether 2013 will be good or not, but I am really optimistic.
Hug the ones you love and and love their flaws as well.

Moving forward, let it be glamorous.
Welcome #2013.

2 comments:

Lucia Flores said...

I SO understand that feeling, I used to have it as well, but it will pass by time! Happy 2013! Wishing you all the best!

XOXO from the Netherlands,
Lucia

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

http://luciafloresdesigndiary.blogspot.com

Ms. Dainty Doll said...

Happy New Year...I understand you :) I hope it's a gorgeous one!! xx

The Dainty Dolls House

Related Posts with Thumbnails