Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas World

People in our lives come and go. We come and go into other people's lives. Being a deeply sentimental person I have always considered living away from the ones you love quite of a tragedy.
But life plays the weirdest of games, and suddenly most of my beloved ones live in another city, even in another country. Skype is a great ally, but -too bad- cyber hugs are yet to be invented. What I hate the most, is that my sentimentalism is undercover, and I'm a good actress, behaving in the "Nevermind" way. In my life, I have been really blessed to be surrounded by unique people, people that I considered precious, even if they proved me wrong. Old friends, family members, acquaintances and past relationships, they all gave me the best of lessons; you are the one who is going to accompany you for a lifetime, as all of them step away in an instant. Let people come to you, talk to them, love them or hate them, just be real and never hurt one. That is always appreciated.
Love your past, as it defines you. Show your feelings. Fall in traps. Live your life to the fullest. I used to be trapped a lot of times in the past, but I continue to appreciate those people and love them even if they are gone. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Make mistakes, but do them once, twice tops. Then learn. And again. 

Happiness lies in the spur of the moment. Its not a way of life, like it is projected by the media. We are supposed to feel sad in order to be happy, and we have to cry to appreciate laughter. Love the people who are there for you and never prove them wrong; life will give you back the same. Don't wait for tomorrow, your life is today. Hug your mum (I never do and I feel so guilty at times), kiss your dad and show them that you are by their side. Tell the ones that love you at your worst "Thank you for being so patient with my shitty self'' and be someone's reason to smile. Excuse my Coelho self, but you just feel like family. Tonight, give a big kiss to your loved ones and show them your love, even without saying it. I bet you have your ways.

Happy Christmas, 
Froso.

4 comments:

Lisette said...

Merry christmas! U write really well!

Lots of love, Lisette
lisettemaria.blogspot.com

Lady-Pa said...

merry christmas


Lady-Pa

xoxo

{Marianna} said...

Many likes to your Coelho self :)
Merry Christmas...

Tina Pippo said...

Χρόνια πολλά Froso!! Καλές γιορτές με υγεία, αγάπη κι ευτυχία!! Να περνάς πολύ όμορφα!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails