Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Little Story About Uggs


It seems like yesterday, when I started noticing celebrities wearing their Juicy velours tucked in some kind of horribly designed sheep boots, that didn't seem to flatter even the shapest of bodies. And then again. And again. And I promised my self that I would never be that kind of girl, that would buy conviniently ugly shoes in the expense of femininity. And I kept my promise for many years to come.

People say "never say never" though, and I wasn't the exception to the rule. It was a day of 2009, middle August, in my two-month summer vacation in Sweden (sweden is NEVER too hot, believe me). I was up and down the streets all day/ night long, helping my dad with work, seeing friends and relatives, shopping blah-blah-blah. In a normal day at the shops, I came across a shoe store, and I decided to take a look. There came the shelves with the hideous shoes. I was like, "seriously, there can't be such fuss for THESE, I really must be missing something" and I decided to try on pair, just to search for the magic factor. And there it was. My swollen feet stepped on cloud of happiness. And I started telling myself, never to judge a book by its cover again. And I didn't want to take them off, but I eventually did, to return the next day to buy my first pair. Three years later, here comes my latest purchase. In the picture you can see me two days ago, on the bus, for my long weekend. Cozy, fluffy and still ugly, but what the hell?
all images are property of Spartoo.Gr

I know boys hate them, my boyfriend thinks they look cute but funny, and I am here to agree, but enough is enough, there are some days in my life when all I want to do is wear a pair of black tights, a fluffy sweater and a pair of new Uggs, just to have a cup of warm chocolate in my favorite coffee house. And if men do not really like it, let them wait for me, until I am on my stilettos again. 

That simple!
xoxo
Froso

2 comments:

SIENA.STYLE said...

haha funny story, you are absolutely right about everything!! I still don't own them but really considering the black version:)
kisses from Milano!

http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

Eda. said...

Love this - so funny because when I read your post my Mum rang and asked me if I wanted a new pair for Christmas - they're perfect for the winter months, warm and comfy!

Eda ♥

Candyfloss Curls, Cupcakes & Couture

@BloggerEda

Related Posts with Thumbnails