I have to admit, when it comes to beauty I am a complete rookie. I just know how to use some basic techniques (I am asked by many girls though, to tutor them about my eyeliner techniques, and that is something I am proud of, be sure) but I really avoid experimenting. I always keep an eye on beauty blogs (Artemis, Stavroula, Irene, Evi, Sofia, Sophia I would buy tons of crap if it wasn't for you girls) and I love learning all those tips, in order to act smartlike in front of my girlfriends (evil laughter).
In the past, I used to be a real YSL and Dior make up fan, but as I got older I realised that the packaging was way more expensive than the inside, so I started to focus on exclusive make up brands like Mac, Bobbi Brown and -of course- my beloved Benefit cosmetics, that put the emphasis on the product they sell, not the fancy outside. So, let's take a look at my latest purchases:
- Chloe Eau De Parfum I am not the person to stay faithful in a scent, but this one managed the unattainable: to make me buy a third bottle. If you happen to smell it, you have to know it's Froso.
- They're Real Mascara, Benefit Searching for the right mascara is like a race. All I need is volume and intense color, but it seems to be quite difficult for a quest. That one is really good, but the bristles are a bit tough. I love the result though. Length, volume and black colour, all in one.
- Naked 2 by Urban Decay This one is pure love, and it magically landed in Sephora some days before I was ready to buy it online. It's perfect, but I bet that's old news. It comes with a tiny lip gloss, which I'll be bying for sure. It stays on for hours and the consistency is not sticky at all. Almost as good as the Dior Addict lipglosses (I love them forever).
- The PoreFessional by Benefit This one promised to do wonders, but I see no difference at all (sorry Benefit!). Maybe it's because I don't have a problematic skin complexion, but still I see no difference when I use it. An extra negative point: too pricey for that small quantity.
- Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Make-Up by Benefit This is the perfect make up, for every girl that hates the cakey effect most foundations create when applied. A boost of radiance and health. I will buy it again, that's for sure.
- Erase & Paste Concealer by Benefit My dark circles are the beauty problem of my life. This one is quite good, but you have to be in control of the quantity you use, because you only need a little bit of product. But, no matter how good it is, I hate sticking my hands in the product. And I hate that little spatula, too. It would be better if it was packaged in a tube.
- High Beam by Benefit Go buy it, now! If you know how to use it properly, your face will look like a VS model's in pictures. And I never exaggerate about beauty products, you have to know.
- Mythic Oil by L'Oreal I love its smell, I love the results, I love its feel, I love everything about it. My second bottle, as well.
- Mythic Oil Hair Mask Just as good as the Hair Oil, you will not believe in your eyes. Hair looks smooth and shiny, as if you just came out from the most expensive hair salon.
- Isadora Flex Tip Eye Liner The easiest to glide, with a really long stay result. A big plus: great quality for such a cheap product. Your eye-liner brush will no longer be needed.
- Korres Kohl Eye Liner It's Greek, it's top quality and I love using it to create smudgy looks.
(Well, that was my first beauty post and I hope you like it)
Oh, and I would love to learn about your favorite products.