Monday, May 28, 2012

Havaianas in Spartoo.Gr

all images are property of Spartoo.Gr

(Just a few lines from one of my favorite fashion books)

"In Brazil, Havaianas (pronounced ah-vai-YAH-nas) are a national treasure.
They are so essential that they are sold in the supermarket right along with rice and beans.
They are called 'the democratic sandal,' since everyone from the average citizen to the highest dignitary wears them. So in 2002, when Jean Paul Gaultier sent fifty models down the runway in Havaianas, Brazilians were not nearly as intrigued as the rest of us were.
What was it about these flip-flops that made them runway worthy, we wanted to know.
And why was every celebrity suddenly sporting a pair?
And then we tried them on. And we loved them. I love them.

Sure, they are cute, but the great appeal of the Havaianas is how butter-soft they are.
As soon as you put them on, you are not going to want to take them off.
You realize what the obsession is all about, and you start justifying wearing flip-flops 
with just about anything"

Nina Garcia,
The One Hundred
A Guide To The Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own


Fun Fact: If all the Havaianas in the world were laid out end to end, they would go around the world fifty times.

Currently, I own two pairs; a silver one and a purple one.
What about you?

8 comments:

Yajaira said...

love flip flops

http://yajairasfashionnotes.blogspot.com

Celine Luggage bags said...

McQuivey prefaced his notion by saying celine outlet shop Apple really needs to do something different to capture celine bag consumer attention in a market where people update their technology less often. That's as opposed Celine Luggage Tote to iPhones, which have become Apple's biggest money-maker Celine Boston Bag due in no small part to their shorter lifecycle among buyers who get them as a Celine Luggage bags discount when signing two-year phone contracts.

Celine Luggage bags said...

You can't jump in the TV business mulberry bags with a new version of the mulberry outlet same thing everyone already has -- even if it is elegant -- and expect millions of people to buy it, especially at price points mulberry factory shop that Apple mulberry handbags will have to maintain in order to keep its margins far away from those of LG and Samsung, " McQuivey said. McQuivey suggests a TV set from Apple would be more like a giant iPad married with Microsoft Kinect, Mulberry Bayswater Bags enabling both touch and gesture controls.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Very nice. Although I do not have any, I can't wear them as they always hurt my feet. I did wear them when I was younger though. I always had a blue pair :))) xx

Maria said...

Δε μπορώ να φανταστώ καλοκαίρι χωρίς
Havaianas!!!!Τις λατρεύω!!!1

fashionable.gr said...

Ειναι must! Φιλακια και καλό μας καλοκαίρι!

Fashionable.gr
Lot's of love!
xxx

GamingNotebookReviews said...

Following me and get back links within 30 days its sure.. The date counting when you are start following me

Excellent blog.

Fancy the content I have seen so far and I am your regular reader of your blog.

I follow your blog and I like your way of posting and i am expecting you follow me my blog.

I am very much interested in following you....
You got Back Link from My site is http://www.gamingnotebooksreviews.com/.

I would like to know whether you are interested in follow my blog.

Thanks for visiting my blog as well!

Regards

Gaming Notebooks Reviews

Froso M. said...

Everybody loves a new pair of Havaianas, I am glad you love them too!

xoxo,
Froso

Related Posts with Thumbnails