Saturday, April 14, 2012

All Star Heaven, aka Spartoo.Gr

all images are property of Spartoo.Gr

Well, this may sound a bit peculiar, but I used to hate Converse All Stars until I turned 21. I used to think of them as ugly and corny. Everybody, literally e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y, used to have -at least- one pair, and I couldn't understand why would anybody want to look like a million others who made the same choice. And then, magically, everything became clear when I bought my first black pair. And then my pure white one. And the list is never ending.

AllStars are not just a pair of shoes, they are the concept of freedom and rebelliousness. Worn either with jeans or with a tuxedo, they instantly bring out the cool factor. First produced back in 1917 (almost a century, wow), Converse has made its attempt to capture the basketball market by giving the name of Chuck Taylor -a basketball player and shoe salesman- to the certain shoe line. Not only did they manage to conquer the basketball market, but also the worldwide shoe market in general.

Today, little do I care if I'm wearing the same shoes with a million others. And with my mum (I got her a red pair of Chucks for her birthday). And with you. In fact, I enjoy the individuality of each pair, looking the same but being so different.

And -speaking about Converse-, how many pairs do you own?

Quiz: Two pairs of the ones featured above, will be mine next week. Can you guess which ones?

6 comments:

fashion meets art said...

i love chucks. they are the best shoes ever.
kisses
maren anita

Can I invite you to my GIVEAWAY ???:

YSL lipstick & Nelly leather bracelet

BROKEN.WHIMSY said...

Gosh hun, can't possibly guess at the lucky two pairs you've managed to snaffle up but ANY of these would make lovely additions to your shoe wardrobe! ^_^ Please let us know which ones though! Digging the polka dot bottom pairs (simply because of their quirkiness) so I've got my fingers crossed that thats one of them :P

Eeli xo

Hannah said...

i really fancy myself a pair of white converse for summer!


raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

xx

Natascha Coester said...

I love the yellow pair :)

Greg said...

One of the is for sure the usa flag ones?

Com'on, TELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty Follower said...

Βλεπω εχουμε την ιδια αγαπη για τα μποτακια...

http://beautyfollower.blogspot.com/2012/03/somewhere-under-rainbow.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails